Friday, April 17, 2009

A Tough Problem To Have...


Cypripedium parviflora, the yellow ladyslipper orchid, is one of those plants more talked about than actually seen in gardens, but actually it is fairly easy to grow and multiplies steadily into large patches. I just raised this clump up three years ago, split it up and replanted three or four pips in this spot; I counted thirteen stems poking up today. It probably should be divided again in the next year or so because it's growing right next to a brick edger outlining the garden path, so there's not a lot of room to expand. It's kind of a chore carefully digging them up and splitting them, but maybe it's not such a tough problem to have.

Posted by Picasa

Comments:
That's a wonderful problem to have! :-) At first, I thought I was looking at wild ginger. BTW, I've been on the lookout for the plants you gave me last year! So far, 'Total Look' daylily is up. I know the others will make it, yet. :-)
 
i think you just have the greenest of green thumbs!
 
Shady... things are late this year!

flowrgirl1... I can't show the plants I killed.

don
 
Don,
Oh boo hoo for you! :-)
We'd love to have a ladyslipper problem in our garden! They obviously love yours....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?