Cruel Breaks
This winter has been a cruel one here; and nowhere is it more apparent than with the deer. Two of them have shown up with broken femurs; I suspect from falling on the ice, though one or both could certainly be from getting hit by a car. The deer in the lower picture would seem to have a much better chance of survival, though both are somehow getting around. A big pail of corn and getting called "Sweetheart", brightened up their day considerably.
Poor things! I'm so glad they have your kindness.
ReplyDeleteGolly, how sad. Very nice that you're looking out for them, though. Hope they make it.
ReplyDeleteThe poor things - it is wonderful that you're looking out for them. How could you not, when you look into those beautiful eyes?
ReplyDeleteThank you. :-)
ReplyDeleteOops, another comment. Where might I be able to find Tricyrtis 'Tojen'? It's on my wish list.
ReplyDeleteMega, J, Nancy, and Shady... fortunately the weather's supposed to moderate a bit next week, so the deer won't be so stressed.
ReplyDeleteshady... for Tojen (Togen); it's widely available, but how about lazt S Nursery. they send big plants for small prices.
don
Shady... I need to proofread once in a while; it's Lazy S'S Nursery (online).
ReplyDeletedon
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete