Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The Undocumented Garden



While I take, I suppose, half a thousand digital garden photos every year, there are certain plants that I never seem to end up with pictures of. Often they are small ephemerals that only bloom for a few days, or the flowers are hidden like some of the gingers, or the whole plant is hidden by being tucked away somewhere. I'm quite perplexed that this is the only erythronium (E. sibericum 'Altai Snow') I took a picture of this year, yet we must have a dozen varieties at least. The flowers of erythroniums don't last long; one hot windy afternoon and they are gone for another year. Dodecatheons (shooting stars) are kind of in the same boat; as are hepaticas, fritillaries, species tulips, woodland anemones, podophyllums... well, I guess I need to get out more.
Posted by Picasa

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?