Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Different Anemone

The wood anemones are blooming everywhere in our garden right now, in drifts of soft pink, baby blue, and white. This little anemone stands out by its soft yellow flowers; it is a naturally occurring hybrid between a white wood anemone (Anemone nemerosa) and the bright yellow Anemone ranunculoides (the buttercup anemone). This hybrid is called either Anemone lipsiensis or Anemone x seemanii. It gets the yellow flowers from ranunculoides, and lower plant stature (four inches) from nemerosa; a nice combination.Posted by Picasa

Comments:
This is the first I've heard and seen of this one and its my favorite color. Pretty little thing.
 
I love anemones, and that's a very pretty one.
 
Barbee, Nancy, & GG... It's very little grown and known; I don't think I've ever seen it in any other garden around here... nice, though.
don
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?