Monday, February 26, 2007

A Winter Too Long

This is a winter that has outstayed its welcome... with temperatures predicted to be well below normal for at least the next week, and with more snow to fall on Thursday, I and the resident critters are fed up. The deer are standing around dejectedly in the backyard, their ribs starting to show, and the robins are moping about, having given up all hope of having a juicy worm for lunch. Usually the chickadees and tufted titmice have begun their spring calling by now, but today it's just quiet out there. I swear I saw a robin looking at an airline schedule.
Posted by Picasa

Comments:
You people with your early springs are just so spoiled. I usually don't see my first snowdrops until mid-March, and you've already had yours blooming in January. Whine, whine, whine, whine, whine!
 
Yah, but the snow is almost covering all my blooming snowdrops, and the hellebores always look funny when they bloom and there is still snow on the ground.
Don
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?