Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Sublime And Yikes!

I truly admire gardens and their gardeners who display a disciplined and logical palette of flower and foliage colors throughout. My garden, on the other hand could at best be called chromatically idiosyncratic; the product of too many formative years where my career left me too often driving home in the dark, where more often than not I would trip over yet another U.P.S. delivery of plants on the front stoop. I wish I had a nickel for every time a visiting gardener has looked at one of my flower beds and said, "Oh how interesting." I have learned over the years that is a phrase with many subtle meanings. If I could give you today a little peek at my garden: above the lush, refined, old rose Charles de Mills, and below, the nearby Weigela Brianne, with chartreuse leaves and bright pink flowers... interesting? Posted by Picasa

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?