Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Wee Landscaper

Posted by PicasaI was probably feeling a bit sorry for myself in a recent post, bemoaning the fact that my garden seems largely bereft of dynamite combos of shrubs and large flowers that would look good on the cover of Fine Gardening magazine. However, as the sleet and snow blow past my window, I've been looking again at some garden pictures from last spring, and started realizing that the garden DOES have some nice spots of landscaping with combinations of plants, but they aren't immediately visible, as they are landscapes in miniature; for these small woodland perennials and bulbs are my first love, rather than the larger plants so dear to the heart of garden photographers. I've always joked that our garden is best seen on hands and knees... perhaps I should trench out the paths.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?