Thursday, July 05, 2007

Garden Mystery


Mystery must be one of the more difficult things to achieve in the garden (well, sometimes it's not so hard... like, how did I lose a three foot long pair of brush loppers with bright yellow handles). The difficult to achieve garden mystery I'm talking about, though, is where a visitor is presented with a garden setting that is enticing by virtue of puzzlement or partial concealment... in the above picture, the walker encounters a pathway that winds up a slight hill and out of sight, drawing you along the path to see what lies ahead. I cannot begin to convey the pleasure I receive from having a first time garden visitor lose their way in our garden... I must drag out my plans for a one way garden gate.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Very lovely meandering path something I hope to achieve when I finally get around to building a flagstone walkway around the house. You have created a botanical garden. It must be a wonder to see all the different kinds of plants along the path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, stopping by from Garden Voices. I love the look of your winding path and the wooded setting...Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One-way, huh.

    "Guests check in, they don't check out!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your path is simply lovely...

    "Hotel Iowa"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the comments. I'm at the phase in my gardening where I don't really need to plant much more stuff, and I should work on fine tuning some of the pathways, steps, and bridges to make them more visually appealing/interesting.
    Don

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.