Epimedium Cherry Tart might just be the single loveliest epimedium when in flower; soft red petals with a light gold heart, and crushed rasberry foliage... I haven't made up my mind whether I think it should be called Rasberry Tart or whether Cherry Tart is more apt. Either way, it's truely lovely.
Very pretty epi. Of all the epimedium blooms I've seen and not that many at all I'd have to agree that this one has a wonderful color. I just bought a 'Shrimp girl' and wonder how it will compare with this flower? I don't even see any buds yet so I'll have to wait a bit unless you have a photo of one.
ReplyDeleteKi... I've got Shrimp Girl, but I don't think I've got a picture of it; it's more of a salmon pink (well, shrimp pink), and while nice, it's not nearly as pretty as Cherry Tart IMHO.
ReplyDeleteDon